Friday, September 28, 2012

Fun Friday: Beauty Review and "Fashion Friday"



FUN FRIDAY: Beauty Reviews, #OOTW Contest Update and Fashion Flashback

Happy Friday everyone!!  I took they day for me yesterday and hope that Wednesday's post helped (or will help) everyone that had questions or was unsure on what to expect about parent teacher conferences....keep the emails and comments coming!  Today I have continued the "Fun Friday" theme and I have added Fashion Fridays and Fashion Flashbacks.  I really hope that you all enjoy today's post!

Beauty Review
This week, I've road-tested two products for the busy mom-on-the-go.  Lancome Creme Radiance Cream-to-Foam Cleanser (price varies from store to store, around $12-15 for 2.0 FL OZ.) and Bain de Terre Botaniceuticals Magnolia Thermal Iron Protector pre-iron spray ($12.50 & up at beauty supply stores).

The face cleanser is AWESOME!!  This was the first "expensive" brand of cleanser I've ever tried (yep, I'm a Clean & Clear gal), It was given to me from a friend, but, I have always been intrigued by the whole "treating myself to the finer things in life, cause I'm worth it" mantra so many women have.  I was stoked to try it!
You only truly need a pea-sized dot to create a nice, light foam that rinses away clean and leaves your skin feeling super-clean!  The only thing I don't like about it is that it has caused some drying.  I have combination skin, so I'm prone to drying out in certain area's of my face.  It was nothing compared to the drying I get from drug store cleansers.  Overall, I give it a 4 1/2 star review.  I use it daily, I would recommend it to anyone, problem skin or not.  It gently, yet effectively removes even the THICKEST of eye make-up.  It can be purchased from your local Macy's, Dillard's, JCPenny's....any high-end department store w/a Lancome beauty counter.  Go get some this weekend!


0928121120b.jpg
Bain de Terre Magnolia Thermal Iron Protector Spray & Lancome Creme Radiance Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

Where do I begin when speaking about the Magnolia?  It's one of my top 3 beauty picks of the CENTURY!!!  Living in Florida, you only get 2 seasons: Hot and Hotter, which means that when "Hotter" rolls around, you not only get sweltering heat, but a thick blanket of humidity to boot and with hair like mine, it's the perfect recipe for hair-disaster!
I SWEAR by my flat iron, it's more like a member of the damn family than a product to help me look beautiful, but, it does quite a number on my hair!  The spray not only makes your hair super-straight and keeps it that way, but it's so soft, supple and smooth!  It's almost like the humidity is blocked out by a supernatural force field!  I just separate sections of my hair, spray a little on the section and it's good for the entire day, sometimes even the next, depending on how much I play.  The Magnolia spray gets a 5 star review!


FASHION FRIDAY: Outfit of the Week Contest & Fashion Flashback - High Waisted Jeans....really?!?!

#OOTW (Outfit of the Week) Contest Updates:
I have yet to receive any entries for the #OOTW contest......How can I award a winner and give S/O's, pic ops and prizes if no one enters???  I'll be extending the contest another week or two....if nobody is gonna participate, I'll get rid of it and just keep posting mine to my personal Instagram.  I just thought it would be fun for us to do it here.....

FASHION FLASHBACK: High Waisted Jeans Back In Style (???)
So I have noticed a disturbing, yet very repetitive trend on all the fashion sites: High Waisted Jean shorts or pants.  This look was called "Mom Jeans" not even 6 months ago, now, they're considered very chic?!?!  Really?!?!  They looked terrible on us in middle school and high school, isn't that why when the whole "grunge" movement took over, us gals all started wearing boy jeans?  So we wouldn't be sporting the 19-inch zippered jean shorts?  Maybe I'm just getting too old to keep up with all the fads now, but this look does little to flatter anyone.  I am very tiny and can pretty much successfully pull off any look or style that's out there but, these shorts, I just look like hell!  
Maybe it's the whole "dress your age" rule I have, maybe it's the fact that I've now been alive long enough to go through bell-bottoms twice, but I just can not bring myself to dig out a pair of them from the shed, just can not bring myself to actually wear a pair out in public.  There are a lot of styles I do like out there that were plucked straight from my childhood, but there are quite a few that I feel that are just way too corny to bring back. The top of my list?  Yep, you guessed it:  High Waisted Jean Shorts!  My fashion NO-NO of the century!!!


I hope that everyone has an awesome weekend!  Get outside, go on a hike, ride a bike, go have a picnic....with colder weather just around the corner, try to spend as much time outdoors as possible.  You'll feel so refreshed and your kids will love you for it!

Twitter:    @MizzKatieS
Instagram:  MIZZKATIE_S
Email:       mizzkateswafford@gmail.com

http://katiesadventuresinmotherood.blogspot.com


Peace, Love and Light,
Katie   

No comments:

Post a Comment