Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - Election Edition

Election Day:  Who's It Gonna Be?
2012-11-06 09.27.56-1.png
Today, Americans will go to the polls and vote.  It's a very important election, for women especially.  The topic of reproductive rights and abortion came front and center this year with comments from a Romney-endorsed Republican about how pregnancy resulting from rape is "God's will".  Also, other comments were publicly made from other GOP's suggesting that a woman can somehow "control" her body's reproductive system and therefor, control whether or not she gets pregnant??? (I know, freaking ridiculous - thank goodness Romney saw the utter stupidity of this statement and acknowledged it as such)!  
So, for women, it's essential that we all vote.  I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I certainly don't want some right-wing conservative MAN putting restrictions and limitations on me and my vagina!  
Planned Parenthood funding is also something we, as women can not live without.  They offer services to women of all ages, races, creeds and religions - without discrimination and without PASSING JUDGEMENT!  If it were not for Planned Parenthood, millions of women would go without necessary procedures such as pap smears, STD testing, breast exams, birth control and many more.  One side is for those services that EVERY SINGLE WOMAN IN THE WORLD NEEDS, the other side will cut funding out completely.  It's your voice, your vote.  Please, whatever your party affiliation, whatever your beliefs may be, vote.  Its that simple.  


Don't complain tomorrow about what you could've changed today!!

IMG_20121106_094130.jpg
4 More Years!!!



Tasty Tuesday:  Mom's Beef Stroganoff
I had a hankering for Beef Stroganoff yesterday, but I've never cooked it and haven't actually had it since I was probably about 10 yrs old!  My mom used to make it, so I figured out what to do and how to do it.  It turned out AWESOME!!!  So, here is today's recipe, I hope you all run out right after reading this and make it tonight (great election meal - quick, cheap, easy and delicious)!!

Prep Time: 15 min                          Cook Time: 25 min

You Will Need:

  • 1 lb of sirloin (I used pre-cut sirloin for stir fry or cut your own into manageable pieces)
  • 1-10.5 oz can of Cream of Mushroom soup
  • 1 TBSP of Paprika
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • Egg noodles (approx. 4-5 cups cooked)
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder
  • 2 TBSP of cooking oil
Heat oil over med. heat while putting water on to boil for noodles.  Once oil is hot (3-4 min), add sirloin bits and cook over med. heat until browned all the way through, remove from pan and set aside.  While noodles are cooking (boil noodles according to directions on package), put cream of mushroom soup and paprika into the pan meat was cooked in.  Once heated, add sour cream until mixed nicely.  Add meat and drained, cooked noodles to soup/cream mix, toss lightly.  Serve with asparagus.  Easy as that!



1105121725.jpg
Step 1: cut sirloin

1105121728.jpg
Step 2: brown sirloin


1105121740a.jpg
Step 3 & 4:  heat soup, then add sour cream

1105121742a.jpg
Step 5:  add sirloin and noodles
                                                                                            
                                   1105121843.jpg
                                                Step 6:  serve w/asparagus and ENJOY!!!
This recipe is a great go-to meal for when you have things to do, extra curricular activities, appointments or, in today's case, waiting in line for sometimes 4+ hours to vote!!  


Katie's Food Files:  What's For Dinner? Recipe Contest
ATTENTION ALL MOMMIES AND BUDDING CHEFS:  I wanna know.......What's For Dinner?!?!  Your recipe could be the feature recipe on Tasty Tuesday!!  

What do I have to do?
It's easy!  Send me your favorite recipes and that's it!!

What happens then?
I'll be cooking up all recipes sent to me and documenting them w/pics.  After my family has taste-tested ALL the submitted recipes, they will choose the winner.  

Then what?
Then you will be dubbed the Culinary Queen of the Week and I will feature you and your recipe in an upcoming Tasty Tuesday!!  Please make sure to send pics (if possible) and make sure to include a way for me to get a hold of you (email, Gmail, phone/text number), in case I have questions regarding the recipe (I'm not giving any personal info out - I'm not trolling, don't worry ladies).  Hope to see my Inbox full of messages and emails w/lots of yummy recipes!!  Good Luck!


I hope everyone gets out there and votes.........and on your way home from the polls, stop by the grocer's and pick up the ingredients for Beef Stroganoff!  Your family will thank you for it!


Up and Coming: November 2012
Lots and lots of exciting new things and some oldies but goodies to come this month!!  Thanksgiving Edition is in the works and will be out really soon!!!  Also, some hauls and YouTube videos coming very soon too!  Check out my next post: Newborn Nonsense pt 4 - 10-12 months!!  Should be up tomorrow or Thursday, depending on time tomorrow.  Thanks so much for all the love and support y'all have shown me!  I love my followers!  Until our next meeting of the minds, 

Peace, Love and Light,
Katie















No comments:

Post a Comment